Sunday, March 29, 2009

Video Podcasts

This week I watched video podcasts. First I watched two in the K-5 level. One was a science clip titled "Why doesn't the moon fall down?" and the next was also a science one titled "A Night in the Coral Reef". Both were very educational and were at the correct education level. I find these very helpful when teaching a subject. It used to be the teacher would find a video fast forward to the clip they wanted to show and then bring it to class. Now with much less hassle all one has to do is download the podcast.


The second two I watched were in the grades 9-12 category. They were also scientific and very informative and interesting.  Both "Galileo on the Moon" and "Frozen Frogs" caught my eye and I'm sure would do the same to a student in this age group. These podcasts are extremely useful and put things at the teachers fingertips allowing for more time for planning etc. I believe that podcasts will soon flourish in the educational community.

No comments:

Post a Comment